W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > July 2004

Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2004 Jun 30 [copy to new mailing list]

From: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:46:07 -0500
Message-Id: <>
To: XML Core WG <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
Dmitry xx:25
Norm  xx:10-xx:26,xx:31-xx:45
Lew  until xx:30

[11 organizations (11 with proxies) present out of 12]

Norm (though he did call in from the airport for a while)
Lew (second half)

Absent organizations
François Yergeau

>1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and the current
>   task status [2] (have any questions, comments, or corrections
>   ready by the beginning of the call).


>2. Review of other working drafts. David Fallside requests[12] review
>   of SOAP MTOM, XOP, and SOAP Resource Representation Header.
>ACTION to Norm:  Review the XMLP WDs.


ACTION to Norm:  Reply to the XMLP WG.

>3. Re-chartering.  The Call for Participation is at

>Current status is at http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/18796/status

>where we have record of a response from:
>  Arbortext
>  Edinburgh
>  Sun
>  John Cowan
>  Daniel Veillard
>  Francois Yergeau
>   Be sure your AC rep responds within the next week.
>   We plan to switch to the new mailing list on July 1.

So noted.

ACTION to Paul:  Update the Group page to point to the new mailing list
and any other minor appropriate changes.

>4. XML errata.  The published 1.0 errata document is [8], the
>   published 1.1 errata document is [9], and the NEW PUBLIC
>   Potential Errata (PE) document is [7]. 
>PE125   hexadecimal character references in Note (editorial)
>Seems like an obvious editorial correction to the chair.

CONSENSUS to approve, into countdown.

>PE126   Wrong link to #dt-extent (editorial)
>Seems like an obvious editorial correction to the chair.

CONSENSUS to approve, into countdown.

>PE127   1.0 example in 1.1 (editorial)
>The chair could go either way on this very editorial one.

CONSENSUS to approve (changing to 1.1), into countdown.

>PE128   Missing ] in appendix I (editorial)
>Seems like an obvious editorial correction to the chair.

CONSENSUS to approve, into countdown.

PE129   Missing markup for "S" in some productions
A number of productions do not correctly tag the "S" particle as being 
a production ([3]), hence it is not linked to the production. 
Productions [60], [62] and [63] are involved and may be more. 

CONSENSUS to approve, into countdown.

ACTION to Francois:  Update the PE document putting PE125-129 into countdown.

ACTION to John:  Sanity check PE125-129 before the countdown ends.

>5. Namespaces in XML.
>  ACTION to Richard:  Produce a draft for NS1.0 2nd Ed.

ACTION continued.

>6. Xinclude CR was published April 13 at:
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-xinclude-20040413

>ACTION to Richard:  Look into the xml:base attribute issue.

Richard did:

He says that the xml:base attributes were all wrong.  By way of
correction, he proposes we make the xml:base attributes relative.

DV agrees.

CONSENSUS to do as Richard has suggested.  Richard made the 
changes in CVS as we spoke.

ACTION to Sandra:  Produce new tar/zip files and send them to Henry.

ACTION to Henry:  Update the test suite cover page at
http://www.w3.org/XML/Test/XInclude/ with the new files.

>Paul has some questions about ID in XInclude (DV responded):

>Q:  So what is the result if a document with an ID is included twice?

Henry and Daniel says you get the same as if you had typed in a doc
with two elements with the same ID.

Richard corrects this to say that this isn't quite true in that there
is a difference with IDREFS in the result of inclusion.  After inclusion,
idrefs continue to point to (copies of) the same elements the idref
pointed to before inclusion.

We had more of a discussion here and decided we had a dangling reference
problem that JohnC and others wanted to correct by adding wording to
remove idref references that point to ids that are not in the resulting
(post-inclusion) infoset.

We have some reference fixup wording at:

but it needs slight modification to account for the fact that
the references property is a list (at least, that's what the
scribe thought was the issue).

ACTION to Henry:  Suggest corrected wording for the above referenced section.

>The latest issues doc is at:

>ACTION to Jonathan:  Reflect our decisions in the DoC and respond to commentors.

ACTION continued, ongoing.

>xi-12: xml:lang implementation report
>Reject the comment, saying that inheritance is an important characteristic
>of xinclude (not just with xml:lang), and we don't think we can remove 
>xml:lang at this time.
>ACTION to Glenn:  Respond to Eliotte on the comments list about this.

ACTION continued.

ACTION to Jonathan:  Check that we are done with issues and are ready to exit CR.

>7. xml:id.
>We should say that the values of xml:id must be
>Names according to the XML version of the document.
>ACTION: xml:id editors to update the draft to allow XML 1.0 and XML
>        1.1 Names as appropriate.
>Jonathan and/or Daniel will drive processing of remaining comments.

Did not get to this topic.

>[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core

>[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks

>[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-core-wg/2004AprJun/0179

>[7] http://www.w3.org/XML/2004/02/proposed-xml10-3e-and-xml11-errata.html

>[8] http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V10-3e-errata

>[9] http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V11-1e-errata

>[12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2004AprJun/0058.html

Received on Thursday, 1 July 2004 16:03:52 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:16:33 UTC