Re: FW: XInclude use case for Device Independence

From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@veillard.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:58:14 +0100
To: tvraman@almaden.ibm.com
Cc: Rotan.Hanrahan@MobileAware.com, Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM, public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 08:23:17AM -0800, T. V. Raman wrote:
> In general, having the ability to use AVTs (Attribute Value
> Templates) anywhere in XML -- rather than just in XSLT would be a
> huge win for a lot of use cases.

  Hum, AVTs are an escaping meachnism. That would mean you need to
define when/where that escaping need to be undone and define XPath for
anywhere in the document, there is arbitrary set of informations
(like the prefix mappings, variables, current node set, position, ...)
that would need to be defined. It doesn't sound that easy to me :-)

Daniel

daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ |