Re: question: Increasing factor for XML vs Binary

Hi,

Following is a private message to me from a kind person.
Maybe I should wait for him to write this, but I wish to share what he
told me to you.

Why is XML unnatural here?  I can see that the XML documents could
become  very large, but a binary XML representation is only likely to
win you an  improvement of 10-30, and that only sounds like a short
reprieve to me.   You have have to end up chunking the data somehow, and
once you do that,  the chunked XML could be quite manageable.

[Some text deleted]

    Cheers,
        Tony.
--