Re: My point about the negotiation algorithm

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:04:27 +0200, Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
wrote:

> What if the q value for application/xhtml+xml is 0?

Is is the same as saying it doesn't accept it:

3.9 Quality Values

    HTTP content negotiation (section 12) uses short "floating point"
    numbers to indicate the relative importance ("weight") of various
    negotiable parameters.  A weight is normalized to a real number in
    the range 0 through 1, where 0 is the minimum and 1 the maximum
    value. If a parameter has a quality value of 0, then content with
    this parameter is `not acceptable' for the client.

Steven