status of Role (was Re: Agenda 2010-01-13) [resend]

in the agenda for today's meeting, steven wrote:
> Role Module - future of
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2009Nov/0002

aloha, all!

as per materials pertaining to the future of the Role module, please
add:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2010Jan/0001.html

a post entitled "Status & Future of Role Module Update", which
contains the latest available information about the Role Module's
status -- basically, the PFWG voted, without dissent, to adopt
the Role Module as a deliverable, but that decision is pending
the approval of the WAI Co-Ordination group (WAI CG) and the
director of the WAI, judy brewer, before the chairs can offer
editorships to those previously identified to them as willing to
work on the Role Module under the PF umbrella (Shane, Markus,
GJR, RichS and one or 2 others from the original list of editors,
pending their availability and willingness to work on the document)

gregory.
I must think myself independent, as long as I live; the feeling is
essential to my existence.                           -- John Adams
   Gregory J. Rosmaita: oedipus@hicom.net or gregory@ubats.org
UBATS - United Blind Advocates for Talking Signs: http://ubats.org