W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xhtml2@w3.org > February 2010

minutes: XHTML2 call 2010-02-03 [draft]

From: Gregory J. Rosmaita <oedipus@hicom.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:09:13 +0000
To: public-xhtml2@w3.org
Message-Id: <20100203150825.M54461@hicom.net>
aloha!

minutes from today's brief XHTML2 call are available as hypertext at:

http://www.w3.org/2010/02/03-xhtml-minutes.html

and as an IRC log at:

http://www.w3.org/2010/02/03-xhtml-irc

and, since this was a brief meeting, as plain text following my 
signature.

please log any corrections, comments, clarifications, mis-attributions
and the like by replying-to this announcement on list.

the next XHTML2 telecon will be 10 February 2010 at 14:45UTC
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?
year=2010&month=02&day=10&hour=14&min=45&sec=0&p1=136&p2=179&p3=215

note that 1 action item was logged during the 3 February 2010 XHTML2 
call:

   * ACTION: Steven - talk to PlH and Judy Brewer about WAI taking over 
     specifications from XHTML2
     http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/110

gregory.

     _________________________________________________________________

                                   - DRAFT -

                      XHTML2 Working Group Teleconference

03 Feb 2010

   Agenda

   See also: IRC log

Attendees

   Present
          ShaneM, Gregory_Rosmaita, Tina, mgylling, Steven

   Regrets
          Alessio

   Chair
          Steven

   Scribe
          Gregory_Rosmaita

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Announcements
         2. PERs
         3. Role and Access
         4. XHTML2 Draft
     * Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 03 February 2010

   <Steven> Previous: http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-xhtml-minutes

   <scribe> scribe: Gregory_Rosmaita

   <scribe> scribenick: oedipus

Announcements

   RDFa WG formed.

   http://www.w3.org/News/2010#entry-8711

   SP: RDFa WG formally announced; comes out of work started in XHTML2 WG
   -- taken 7 years to get this far; february 2002 first time RDFa type
   "about" introduced;
   ... building consensus within community reflected in RDFa issued as
   standard in 2009, and now a working group dedicated to RDFa WG
   ... please investigate and join if you are interested/want to get
   involved; will have corporate buy-in
   ... another announcement: talked last week about DOMActivate;
   discussed at last friday's HCG call; long discussion that didn't
   conclude
   ... did discuss DOMActivate, so no decisions or conclusions, but start
   of discussion
   ... next HCG meeting is a special topic on voice-activated techs, but
   maybe the following one will continue discussion

PERs

   SP: heard nothing about PER requests; following up on them -- awaiting
   response

   http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Drafts

   http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2009/bjoern-issues.html

   http://htmlwg.mn.aptest.com/htmlwg/xhtml11-per-doc-20090916.html

Role and Access

   GJR: waiting for Judy Brewer's approval

   SP: can give her a buzz

   SM: issue mentioned last week by MCooper is that PF wants to do this
   work, but not in charter -- need management approval for something not
   in charter, so that is where is hanging fire

   http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Drafts

   http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2009/bjoern-issues.html

   http://htmlwg.mn.aptest.com/htmlwg/xhtml11-per-doc-20090916.html

   SP: since XHTML2 deliverables being farmed out, management should
   facillitate work in other working groups

   <scribe> ACTION: Steven - talk to PlH about WAI taking over
   specifications from XHTML2 [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2010/02/03-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-110 - - talk to PlH about WAI taking over
   specifications from XHTML2 [on Steven Pemberton - due 2010-02-10].

   GJR: Access

   http://www.w3.org/wai/pf/html/wiki/Access

   http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Access/access_key_requirements

   http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Access/element_versus_module

   The Access Element: Enabling Generic Document Accessibility (PFWG
   Internal Draft, 1 February 2009) =

   GJR: will email group when have pointer to attachment draft in
   www-archive

XHTML2 Draft

   SP: editor's draft from january

   SM: been ill, but am working on it now; splitting issues out into
   separate document

   SP: good progress, albeit slow
   ... any more issues?

   [ADJOURNED]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Steven - talk to PlH about WAI taking over
   specifications from XHTML2 [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2010/02/03-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________________
Received on Wednesday, 3 February 2010 15:09:42 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 23 February 2010 18:12:54 GMT