8416: XHTML1: What are "white space characters"? (was Re: Issues log for XHTML 1.0 Second Edition)

Shane,

Please find a small clarification of 8416

Again here the legitimate side question is

Are we allowed to use XHTML specification in a XML 1.1 document ?

And I think the answer is "no" because
* As you pointed out, only XML 1.0 is normatively referenced
* And because in 3.2. User Agent Conformance / 9th bullet states that
the white space are the one of XML 1.0 explicitely in the spec

Regards,

Mohamed

--
Innovimax SARL