XHTML 1.0 PER update

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 11:55:16 -0500
To: XHTML WG <public-xhtml2@w3.org>
As long as we are updating the PERs anyway... today someone cited
section 4.2 of XHTML 1.0 in a way that leads me to believe it *could* be
mis-interpreted.

Section 4.2 reads:

    4.2. Element and attribute names must be in lower case

XHTML documents must use lower case for all HTML element and attribute
names. This difference is necessary because XML is case-sensitive e.g.
<li> and <LI> are different tags.

This is in an informative section, but still..... it seems to say that
XHTML requires all attributes and elements to be in lower case.  Clearly
what we meant was that the elements and attributes from HTML 4 that we
brought into XHTML 1 are now only in lower case.  Perhaps we should
tighten this wording?