W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xhtml2@w3.org > March 2009

[XHTML] minutes: virtual f2f, 2009-03-10 [draft]

From: Gregory J. Rosmaita <oedipus@hicom.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 17:20:26 +0000
To: public-xhtml2@w3.org
Message-Id: <20090310171903.M54740@hicom.net>

minutes from the 10 March 2009 XHTML2 Virtual Face-to-Face meeting 
can be found online as a hypertext document, at:


and as an IRC log, at:


PLEASE NOTE: the XHTML2 working group WILL hold its regularly 
scheduled meeting on 11 March 2007 at 1345h UTC

note that the following RESOLUTIONS were agreed to at today's meeting:

   RESOLUTION: remove @name or @scheme from XHTML2; investigate
   feasibility of historical module

   RESOLUTION: introduce the INS and DEL elements as "legacy" in their
   own module and only in the text content set

and the following ACTION ITEMS assigned:

   ACTION: Steven - investigate overlap between XML Events 2 and
   XForms 1.1 [recorded in
   * http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/53

   ACTION: Shane to write up concrete proposal for dealing with
   XHTML 2 vs. XForms 1.1 attributes on SUBMISSION element etc. [recorded
   in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/10-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]
   * http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/54

   ACTION: Shane to create a new h1-h6 module marked as legacy.
   [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/03/10-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]
   * http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/55

   ACTION: Shane to update the title element so it is clear that it
   can also be used in the text content set and that its contents become
   the "tooltip" for the enclosing element. [recorded in
   * http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/56

   ACTION: Shane to revert the link and meta content models to
   their XHTML M12N 1.1 content model but permit nested meta elements in
   the head. Do not permit @name and @scheme on meta though - they are
   not needed. [recorded in
   * http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/57

   ACTION: Gregory - investigate use cases for genericizing @for to
   ascertain if should be added to common/core attributes [recorded in
   * http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/58

   ACTION: Gregory - is @for useful in specific cases (enumerate)
   or can it be used generally [recorded in
   * http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/59

   ACTION: Shane to develop a legacy INS and DEL module that adds
   those elements to the text content set. [recorded in
   * http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/60

as usual, please document any errors, omissions, mis-attributions, 
corrections and/or comments by replying to this announcement on-list

thanks to all who participated in the virtual face2face -- we really
covered a lot of territory today...  stay tuned for information and 
options on the next 4-hour virtual face2face meeting, which will 
(hopefully) convene before the end of the month

Writing is easy; all you do is sit staring at a blank 
piece of paper until the drops of blood form on your 
forehead.                              -- Gene Fowler
Gregory J. Rosmaita: oedipus@hicom.net
Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/
Oedipus' Online Complex: http://my.opera.com/oedipus/
Received on Tuesday, 10 March 2009 17:21:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:30:31 UTC