Re: @rel syntax in RDFa (relevant to ISSUE-60 discussion), was: Using XMLNS in link/@rel

Julian Reschke 2009-03-05 16.44:
> Manu Sporny wrote:
    [...]
>> However, I don't think that's Julian's point. I believe that his point
>> is that, because of CURIEs, you have a two-stage process instead of a
>> one-stage process.
>>
>> For CURIES, you must:
>>
>> 1. Read the value in @rel.
>> 2. Lookup the prefix mapping and append the reference to the prefix.
    [...]
>> For Microformats, non-CURIEs, etc., you must:
>>
>> 1. Read the value in @rel.
>>
>> Is that your issue, Julian? That because of CURIEs/RDFa, you have to do
>> more now to determine what @rel really means?
>
> Yes. Using a safe-CURIE wouldn't have prevented that, but at least it
> wouldn't break URIs in rel values.

But if the user agent would be reading the profile attribute value
and - as HTML 4 says - "perform some activity based on known
conventions for that profile", then one could have a two step
solution in text/html as well.

The problem is establishing the convention. May be the convention
could be to link unknown profile IRI to the CURIE via a <link>
element.

<LINK     rel="http://creativecommons.org/ns#" href="[cc]" >
<a rel="[cc:morePermissions]" href="link">text.</a>
--
leif halvard silli