Re: @rel syntax in RDFa (relevant to ISSUE-60 discussion), was: Using XMLNS in link/@rel

On Mar 5, 2009, at 03:03, Ben Adida wrote:

> I've delved into multiple specs, given technical
> examples, and even written code to prove that Henri's assumptions were
> incorrect.

The code you have shown[1] uses a namespace-unaware API (DOM Level 1).
Using a namespace-unaware API isn't a suitable way to show the absence
of issues with namespace-aware APIs.

> I've spent an untold number of hours debating this issue when Henri
> isn't even interested in *using* RDFa.

I am, however, interested in the requirements posed on text/html
parsers and I'm interested in the impact RDFa support would have on
validators.

> Personal taste is, in particular, *not* a good reason to change
> anything.

I continue to disapprove of downplaying technical issues by portraying
them as personal taste.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/impl/js/
--
Henri Sivonen