Re: @rel syntax in RDFa (relevant to ISSUE-60 discussion), was: Using XMLNS in link/@rel

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 19:45:00 +0100
To: Rob Sayre <rsayre@mozilla.com>
On 1/3/09 19:41, Rob Sayre wrote:
> On 3/1/09 7:11 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:
>>
>> <a rel="cc:attributionURL" property="cc:attributionName"
>> xmlns:cc="http://creativecommons.org/ns#"
>> href="http://www.whitehouse.gov">
>
> It occurs to me that HTML5 already addresses this sort of extension:
>
> <a rel="cc:attributionURL"
> data-rdfa-property="cc:attributionName"
> data-ns-cc="http://creativecommons.org/ns#"
> href="http://www.whitehouse.gov">
>
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#custom-data-attribute

"Custom data attributes  are intended to store custom data private to
the page or application, for which there are no more appropriate
attributes or elements.

These attributes are not intended for use by software that is
independent of the site that uses the attributes."

Unless the site that uses the attributes is the entire Web, I can't see
how this bit of HTML5 addresses such a scenario...

cheers,

Dan