Re: XML Version and our recommendations

I think the point is that XHTML M12N and derivatives do not have any
processing rules for anything other than XML 1.0 documents.  If a
document has an xml declaration of version 1.1, I do not think a
conforming user agent is required to process it as we have defined.  But
I could be wrong.... guess I could ask the tag?