XHTML2: caption element in object and table modules

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 10:35:10 -0600
To: XHTML WG <public-xhtml2@w3.org>

In my work on the XML Schema implementation, I noticed that there is a
"caption" element in the object module that is not defined in the object
module.  Instead, it is inherited from the table module.  I don't think
we should be making the object module dependent upon the caption module,
so I think we have two choices:

1. Define the caption element in each module (different content models,
so no conflict even if semantics differ).

2. Define an XHTML Caption Module and have object and table point to it.

I am inclined to do 2) because it is consistent with the approach we
have taken in the past with regard to reuse.  Comments?