Re: Travelling to USA

From: <Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 17:45:58 +0100
To: "Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc: "Forms WG" <public-forms@w3.org>, "XHTML WG" <public-xhtml2@w3.org>
Steven,

You only have to do it once every two years, so we’re good for another 729
days ;)

Regards,

Nick

"Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Sent by: public-forms-request@w3.org
13/01/2009 15:55

"Forms WG" <public-forms@w3.org>, "XHTML WG" <public-xhtml2@w3.org>
cc

Subject
Travelling to USA

 From now on travellers to the USA have to either get a visa
or use a US Government website to get advance approval.  Just coming from
"visa waiver country" is no longer good enough.

The information site is:
         http://www.cbp.gov/esta

... which links to the actual (secure) process site:
         https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/

Note that a web search of ESTA may lead you to something like "esta.us"
which looks official, but is really a private company trying to charge
you money for a service that is the same as the free
government-provided service.

Having just tried out the system, I propose that we no longer have FtFs in

the USA.

Steven

believed to be clean.
--