Re: Role Module successor not out of scope (was: Re: future of the XHTML Role Module (PF agenda addendum request 2009-11-11))

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:29:09 -0800
Cc: public-xhtml2@w3.org, w3c-wai-pf@w3.org
To: Gregory J.Rosmaita <oedipus@hicom.net>
On Dec 9, 2009, at 08:43, Gregory J. Rosmaita wrote:

> henri wrote, quote:
>> Since the PFWG is chartered to work on accessibility matters, it
>> seems inappropriate to publish a spec about non-accessibility
>> uses of role through the PFWG.
> unquote
> Role IS an "accessibility matter" -- whether role info is used by an
> assistive technology or not...

In your email that I replied to, you wrote:
"but, the big picture is that there is a wide area of general applicability (i.e. non-accessibility uses) of the concepts defined and contained in the Role Module"

Note in particular: "general applicability (i.e. non-accessibility uses)".

> if not PFWG, then who, henri?

Either no group or maybe a non-W3C group such as future-web.org. I thought the point of not renewing the XHTML2 WG charter was for the W3C to stop allocating resources to the XHTML2 WG deliverables.

Henri Sivonen