Re: Reissuing XHTML Basic 1.1

Dear Steven:

 This is Yam.
 I don't think a Japanese example is a good one, which in any case
almost no one can understand.
 I modified Family name, Given name and Address to "kanji". See
background.

[[1. Change to 5.5]]
Caption: 	inputmode
Family name 	kanji
(in kana) 	katakana
Given name 	kanji
(in kana) 	katakana
Zip code 	latin digits
Address 	kanji
(in kana) 	katakana
Email 	latin lowerCase
Telephone 	latin digits
Comments 	user predictOn
[[end of 1.]]

[[2. Some more info to understand an example]]
[Background for example]
Usually, Japanese names (Family names, Given Names) are written in Japanese Kanji characters which are inherited from Chinese Characters. Kanji characters may have several different pronounciations, therefore, content providers require additional pronounciation for kana, which represents phonetic expressions.
Zip code is digits. Email is Latin. Telephone is digits.
Japanese zip codes and telephone numbers usually include "-"(Hyphen), but it does not impact the convenience of initally setting "latin digits".
[[end of 2.]]

[[3. Example]]
<input class="japaneseName" inputmode="kanji">
 <label>Family name</label>
  <hint>Please enter your family name in 2-byte Kanji characters</hint>
</input>
<input class="japanesePronounciation" inputmode="katakana">
 <label>Family name (in kana)</label>
  <hint>Please enter your family name in katakana</hint>
</input>
<input class="japaneseName" inputmode="kanji">
 <label>Given name</label>
  <hint>Please enter your given name in 2-byte Kanji characters</hint>
</input>
<input class="japanesePronounciation" inputmode="katakana">
 <label>Given name (in kana)</label>
  <hint>Please enter your given name in katakana</hint>
</input>
<input class="emailFormat" inputmode="latin lowerCase">
 <label>Email</label>
  <hint>Please enter your email address in latin</hint>
</input>
<input class="digitalString" inputmode="latin digits">
 <label>Zip code</label>
  <hint>Please enter your zip code in digits</hint>
</input>
<textarea rows="4" cols="12" class="streatAddress" inputmode="kanji">
 <label>Address</label>
  <hint>Please enter your address in 2-byte Kanji characters</hint>
</textarea>
<input class="digitalString" inputmode="latin digits">
 <label>Telephone Number</label>
  <hint>Please enter your telephone number in digits</hint>
</input>
<textarea rows="4" cols="12" class="freeForm" inputmode="user predictOn">
 <label>Comments</label>
  <hint>Please enter your comments if anny</hint>
</textarea>
[[end of 3.]]

You can make any cosmetic changes to an example.... :-)

Best Regards,

-- Yam