Re: ARIA as stop-gap (was Re: Next steps for the ARIA syntax discussion)

On 30 May, Elliotte Harold wrote:

> 1. Accept that HTML is monolithic. Merge ARIA into the core HTML spec,
> or incorporate it by reference. Make an ARIA attribute
> programmatically no different  than class or style or id. ARIA is
> just a part of HTML 5, and provides no support for other host
> languages.

  Or we could extend HTML with new elements that'll fill the
  requirements of ARIA and other fields of interest.

  HTML 4.5 anyone?

--
 -  Tina Holmboe           siteSifter                  Greytower Technologies
                 http://www.sitesifter.co.uk          http://www.greytower.net