Re: [css3-namespace] Last call comments from XHTML2 WG

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:18:04 +0100
To: "Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc: www-style@w3.org, "Forms WG" <public-forms@w3.org>, "XHTML WG" <public-xhtml2@w3.org>

* Steven Pemberton wrote:
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-selectors/#downlevel discusses this in great
>> detail. Clearly this is a matter of which selectors to use and is thus
>> best discussed in the Selectors specification.
>
>I would say that if one part of CSS changes how another part of CSS works
>that it should be pointed out in both places, especially since they are
>different documents.

request is sound and already addressed in the right place. You on the
other hand assert that default namespace declarations in style sheets as
proposed in the draft come as a surprise and special attention needs to
be drawn to this surprise. I don't think there is any surprise, and thus
have a hard time to understand exactly how we could address the concern.
If you could propose specific edits, that would be most helpful.