Re: Updates to XHTMLMIME document

From: Roland Merrick <roland_merrick@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:45:02 +0000
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Cc: XHTML WG <public-xhtml2@w3.org>, public-xhtml2-request@w3.org
Greetings Shane, I think that what you have written in Appendix A [1] is a
good start. How about that for damning with faint praise!

I believe that we should consider at least two content authoring
scenarios. The first, which is what Appendix A is aimed at, is someone
writing a document. The second that I believe that we should look at is
where an author creates a "fragment" that may need to be incorporated into
a containing document. How should such content be authored such that it
can be included into different types of document, particularly HTML4 and
XHTML and probably HTML5.

[1] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2008/ED-xhtmlmime-20080315/#compatGuidelines

Regards, Roland
FBCS, CITP
IBM Software Group, Strategy, Software Standards

Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Sent by: public-xhtml2-request@w3.org
15/03/2008 19:17

XHTML WG <public-xhtml2@w3.org>
cc

Subject
Updates to XHTMLMIME document

I have started the process of updating the XHTMLMIME document as per my
action and discussions with Roland, Steven, and Tina.  You can see the
update via the drafts page (http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Drafts) but
remember that it is a work in progress.  I welcome any input, but
especially over the next couple of days.  I plan to lock this down late
Monday so we can review and decide how to proceed on Wednesday during
our regular meeting.

741598.