W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xhtml2@w3.org > March 2008

Re: regrets for 5 march 2008 & a word on Role

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 12:04:07 +0000
Message-ID: <a707f8300803050404j7ca91dd8h3cba0a9cb50e4566@mail.gmail.com>
To: "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>
Cc: "Roland Merrick" <roland_merrick@uk.ibm.com>, public-xhtml2@w3.org

Hi Gregory,

"seealso" has very strong connotations in RDF, and would generally be
expected to define a relationship, not an 'element type'.

I'd suggest that we use some other name to describe this, if it's
really needed. (And I'm not so sure it is needed, since I think RDFa
would do the job in a more precise way...)

Regards,

Mark

On 05/03/2008, Gregory J. Rosmaita <oedipus@hicom.net> wrote:
>
>  regrets for the 5 march 2008 call
>
>  shane, PF is actively working on getting verbiage to you for Role -- i
>  know it is frustrating that you haven't been able to push a final draft,
>  but the PFWG is dedicated to getting it right, and if you would like to
>  chime in on what's been discussed so far on w3c-wai-pf, PLEASE do --
>  there seems to be critical mass support for the secondary role, but the
>  "seealso" role is still proving "semantically" problematic, and i'm
>  beginning to think that "seealso" should simply be "annotation" -- at
>  least that's my impression based on PF's monday ARIA sub committee
>  call, minutes of which contained in w3c-wai-pf archives,
>
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-wai-pf/
>
>  which are member-confidential; specific pointers follow:
>
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-wai-pf/2008JanMar/0269.html
>  http://www.w3.org/2008/03/03-pf-minutes.html
>
>  gregory.
>  ----------------------------------------------------------------
>  CONSERVATIVE, n.  A statesman who is enamored of existing evils,
>  as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them
>  with others.         -- Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's Dictionary_
>  ----------------------------------------------------------------
>              Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net
>   Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/index.html
>  ----------------------------------------------------------------
>
>  ---------- Original Message -----------
>  From: Roland Merrick <roland_merrick@uk.ibm.com>
>  To: public-xhtml2@w3.org
>  Sent: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 10:25:42 +0000
>  Subject: [XHTML] Agenda 2008-03-05
>
>  > Greetings, our next call takes place on 2008-03-05, Please look
>  > at the actions recorded against you and clear as many as you can.
>  >
>  > Wednesday 14:00UTC,
>  >
>  >
>  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=3&day=5&hour=14&min=0&sec=0&p1=136&p2=179&p3=215&p4=248&p5=283
>  >   Zakim bridge, code 94865 ("XHTML"),
>  >   irc channel irc.w3.org #xhtml.
>  >
>  > Previous minutes: http://www.w3.org/2008/02/13-xhtml-minutes,
>  >                 http://www.w3.org/2008/02/18-xhtml-minutes,
>  >                 http://www.w3.org/2008/02/19-xhtml-minutes,
>  >                 http://www.w3.org/2008/02/20-xhtml-minutes
>  >
>  > Regrets: None
>  >
>  > Candidate minute takers: Tina, Rich, Shane, Gregory, Roland,
>  > Steven, Mark,
>  >
>  > Announcements:
>  >
>  > Reports:
>  >
>  > Outstanding Reviews:
>  > CSS Namespaces Module
>  >   http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-css3-namespace-20080215/
>  >   deadline for comments is 7 March 2008
>  >   ACTION: Steven review CSS Namesapces module
>  >   [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action05]
>  >
>  > Agenda Items:
>  >
>  > Timing of calls for rest of March and then for "Summer time"
>  >
>  > Technical Plenary and AC Meetings Week, 20-24 October 2008
>  >    XHTML2 F2F date preference
>  >
>  > CURIE transition to Last Call:  status
>  >  ACTION: Shane to upload final CURIEs draft
>  >  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
>  >  ACTION: Steven to Draft last call announcement
>  >  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]
>  >  ACTION: Shane to add a non-normative schema implementation to
>  > CURIE spec  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/12-xhtml-
>  > minutes.html#action05]
>  >
>  > M12N transition to CR: status
>  >
>  > XHTML Basic 1.1 transition to Proposed Recommendation: status
>  >
>  > XHTML 1.1 SE status
>  >  waiting on M12N
>  >  ACTION: Shane - add input mode to XHTML 1.1 second edition
>  >   [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/18-xhtml-
>  > minutes.html#action01]  ACTION: Group to reissue Ruby with
>  > schema additions   [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/19-
>  > xhtml-minutes.html#action06]  ACTION: Mark creates integration
>  > set example   [recorded in
>  http://www.w3.org/2007/08/15-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]
>  >
>  > RDFa Syntax
>  >  ACTION: Steven to reply to TAG that we disagree.
>  >  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/20-xhtml-minutes.html#action06]
>  >  ACTION: Shane add a note that there is a risk that humans might
>  > perceive a CURIE as a URI.  [recorded in
>  > http://www.w3.org/2008/02/20-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]
>  >
>  > Role Attribute Module
>  >  ACTION: Roland to reply to issue 8001
>  >  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action04]
>  >  [reply:
>  > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2008JanMar/0011.html]
>  >  ACTION: Shane to add text explaining why some text is in orange
>  >  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]
>  >  ACTION: Shane to ensure all Role attribute module changes are
>  > complete by 28 February - including new text from WAI folks.
>  >  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/20-xhtml-minutes.html#action07]
>  >
>  >  ACTION: Shane produce disposition of comments of document for
>  > xhtml-role in preparation for a second last call.  [recorded in
>  > http://www.w3.org/2008/02/06-xhtml-minutes.html#action04]
>  >
>  > XHTML2 wiki
>  >  What do we want to use it for?
>  >  Should we also have a blog?
>  >  ACTION: Roland to include this Wiki issue in the upcoming
>  > teleconf agenda.  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/20-
>  > xhtml-minutes.html#action09]
>  >
>  > XHTML 2
>  >  ACTION: Steven to organise a new draft of XHTML2
>  >  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/18-xhtml-minutes.html#action06]
>  >  ACTION: Steven to add text to embedding module saying how it
>  > works  [recorded in
>  http://www.w3.org/2008/02/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
>  >
>  > Access Module
>  >  ACTION: Shane to add language to seciton 3.1.1 of xhtml-access
>  > to require user agent override of the activate attribute setting
>  >  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/20-xhtml-minutes.html#action04]
>  >
>  > XML Events 2
>  >  ACTION: Shane to update intro to XML Events to reflect its
>  > current scope of Handlers and Events.  [recorded in
>  > http://www.w3.org/2008/02/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]
>  > ACTION: Shane to update "Introduction"(HTML->XHTML) and
>  > references to DOM3.  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/19-
>  > xhtml-minutes.html#action03] ACTION: Shane to migrate @if and
>  > @while from listener element to the handler elements  [recorded
>  > in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action04]
>  > ACTION: Shane to ensure that all listener events are shown on
>  > all elements in the Handler module.  [recorded in
>  > http://www.w3.org/2008/02/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action05]
>  > ACTION: Shane to add text about context issue near where if and
>  > while are described with the action element in xml events 2
>  > [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/20-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
>  >  ACTION: Shane add a note that events do not bridge two DOMs
>  >  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/20-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]
>  >
>  > June face2face
>  >  ACTION: Shane to set up meeting location for June 17 - 19.
>  >  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/20-xhtml-minutes.html#action08]
>  >
>  > ISSUES:
>  >
>  > More issues, see:
>  > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-html-wg/2006OctDec/0076
>  >
>  > ACTIONS:
>  >
>  > Gregory:
>  >
>  > ACTION: Gregory to put together a proposal for how to connect
>  > the access module into the event model. [recorded in
>  > http://www.w3.org/2007/06/13-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
>  >
>  > Mark:
>  >
>  > Rich:
>  > ACTION: Rich to sort out the proposal from Gregory as captured
>  > in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-
>  > html/2007May/0341.html [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/26-
>  > xhtml-irc]
>  >
>  > Roland:
>  >
>  > Shane:
>  > ACTION: Shane to start implementing xml schema for xhtml 2.0
>  > [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/08-xhtml-
>  > minutes.html#action01] ACTION: Shane to split 8024 into two
>  > issues. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/12-xhtml-
>  > minutes.html#action04] ACTION: ShaneM to produce a vocabulary
>  > document that will go at the vocab# URI and use RDFa to annotate
>  > the items. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/19-xhtml-
>  > minutes.html#action02] ACTION: Shane to check bug in Basic 1.1
>  > [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/30-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]
>  >
>  > Steven:
>  >
>  > ACTION: Steven convey reply about media type to pertinent
>  > parties [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/03-xhtml-
>  > minutes.html#action01] ACTION: Steven to reply to DanC's three
>  > comments on role [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/05-xhtml-
>  > minutes.html#action01] ACTION: Steven reply to Schema comments
>  > [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/15-xhtml-
>  > minutes.html#action01] ACTION: Steven to get advice from I18N
>  > group about international form of URIs [recorded in
>  > http://www.w3.org/2007/06/20-xhtml-minutes.html#action03]
>  > ACTION: Steven to check Shane's schema comments [recorded in
>  > http://www.w3.org/2007/05/02-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]
>  > ACTION: Steven to create some role use cases [recorded in
>  > http://www.w3.org/2007/04/25-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]
>  > ACTION: Steven to propose a rephrasing of the about atribute
>  > inheritance rules. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-
>  > html-minutes.html#action05] ACTION: Steven to reply to
>  > Alapetites message on datatypes [recorded in
>  > http://www.w3.org/2007/02/21-html-minutes.html#action01] ACTION:
>  > Steven to reply to hr comment, and make it a CR comment
>  > [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/19-xhtml-
>  > minutes.html#action08] ACTION: Steven to reply to script+cdata
>  > mail, saying we don't want to document it [recorded in
>  > http://www.w3.org/2007/09/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action09]
>  >
>  > Yam:
>  > None
>  >
>  > Regards, Roland
>  > FBCS, CITP
>  > IBM Software Group, Strategy, Software Standards
>  >
>  > Unless stated otherwise above:
>  > IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales
>  > with number 741598. Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour,
>  > Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU
>  ------- End of Original Message -------
>
>
>


-- 
  Mark Birbeck

  mark.birbeck@x-port.net | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232
  http://www.x-port.net | http://internet-apps.blogspot.com

  x-port.net Ltd. is registered in England and Wales, number 03730711
  The registered office is at:

    2nd Floor
    Titchfield House
    69-85 Tabernacle Street
    London
    EC2A 4RR
Received on Wednesday, 5 March 2008 12:04:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 23 February 2010 18:12:48 GMT