[XHTML] document type

From: Roland Merrick <roland_merrick@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:10:37 +0100
To: public-xhtml2@w3.org
Greetings, in our last call we spent quite a while discussing document
type for both XHTML 1.1 SE and XHTML 2.0 and, unsurprisingly did not reach
a conclusion. So, what do we do? DOCTYPE and/or @version?

We would have closed if there were not different strongly held views, lets
explore them.

To kick this off I'kk make a statement. I would like it to be possible for
an author to create a document that satisfies the criteria of more than
one document type, e.g. a single document that is "valid" XHTML 1 and
XHTML Mobile Profile.

741598.