XHTML 1.1 updated for PER

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 14:55:22 -0500
To: XHTML WG <public-xhtml2@w3.org>

As per my actions from this week, I have updated the XHTML 1.1 editors
draft so it is ready to go through PER once XHTML Modularization is a
REC.  Changes to this draft include:

    * Removed the target attribute module.
    * Removed the inputmode attribute module.
    * Included a normative definition of the XML Schema implementation
      of the RUBY module.
    * Changed conformance definition so DOCTYPE is a MAY (as per the
      rdfa-syntax spec).
    * Added an XHTML 1.0 Strict version of the spec so we can pass
      pubrules.  The actual spec is in XHTML 1.1.

I believe these changes mean that this will satisfy the requirements for
a PER and we can release it quickly.

The document is available at
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2008/ED-xhtml11-20080621/