Re: XML Events 2 Scripting Module in XHTML 2

Roland Merrick wrote:

> Greetings Shane, I think that we are moving in the direction of a
> consensus on having both handler and script elements and that the
> script element should be backwards-compatible. This implies that the
> script element should have an @type attribute.
That makes sense to me.

> If the script element has @type, I would expect handler to also have
> @type. I also wonder why we cannot use @type rather than @srctype in
> XHTML 2.
Well - because it is inconsistent with @hreftype... we allow two methods
of connecting to external resources, and those methods need attributes
that support them.  @hreflang, @srclang... etc.  I don't really mind if
we change @srctype back to @type in XHTML 2 - but you would need to get
buy in from the whole group.