Re: Meeting with SVG, XHTML, WAI people to move forward on ARIA as a cross cutting technology

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:46:03 -0500
To: Dean Edridge <dean@55.co.nz>
Cc: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@formsPlayer.com>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, XHTML2 WG <public-xhtml2@w3.org>

Thanks for the correction on Anne's statement. My apologies to Mark.

Hopefully, the W3C can straightent out where the link goes. :-)

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review  Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer

             Dean Edridge
             <dean@55.co.nz>
             10/17/2007 06:03          Mark Birbeck
             PM                        <mark.birbeck@formsPlayer.com>
                                                                        cc
                                       Richard
                                       Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS,
                                       HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>,
                                       XHTML2 WG <public-xhtml2@w3.org>
                                                                   Subject

Mark Birbeck wrote:

> Rich,
>

>>  Sorry, I meant xhtml 2 working goup. There is no "xhtml working group."
BTW if you click the
>> link to XHTML on the W3C web site it goes the the XHTML 2 working group.

FWIW I don't think the XHTML link should go to the XHTML 2 working group
page, see below.
> It was Anne who was making the distinction between the "XHTML WG" and
> the "XHTML 2 WG", not me; I used the term "XHTML WG" and he rather
> astutely pointed out that there was no such thing.

Which was a good point to make, especially since there is actually 2
groups working on XHTML.
The "XHTML2 working group"  http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/
and the "HTML working group"  http://www.w3.org/html/wg/

-- Dean Edridge