W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xhtml2@w3.org > May 2007

Re: Access element test pages

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 16:01:29 -0500
To: "Alessio Cartocci" <a.cartocci@webprofession.com>
Cc: "XHTML WG" <public-xhtml2@w3.org>, public-xhtml2-request@w3.org, "Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Message-ID: <OF8A8193B1.9FDD3264-ON862572EB.00732332-862572EB.007379F2@us.ibm.com>

Alessio,

You said you passed an access an element,  in a docuement, to IE after
passing it through an XSLT and you say that it worked. Please be more
explicit. ... Did it just show up in the DOM or did you also do something
to add keyboard support for the access key "t."

Rich


Rich Schwerdtfeger
Distinguished Engineer, SWG Accessibility Architect/Strategist
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review  Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer


                                                                           
             "Alessio                                                      
             Cartocci"                                                     
             <a.cartocci@webpr                                          To 
             ofession.com>             "XHTML WG" <public-xhtml2@w3.org>,  
             Sent by:                  "Steven Pemberton"                  
             public-xhtml2-req         <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>           
             uest@w3.org                                                cc 
                                                                           
                                                                   Subject 
             05/30/2007 09:31          Access element test pages           
             AM                                                            
                                                                           
                                                                           
                                                                           
                                                                           
                                                                           




Dear WG,
I've tested an implementation of access element in <head> of a doc, with
"targetid" and "key" attributes; it is based on a page previously made by
Steven [1] and rendered as XML.
Natively the element is showed in the DOM tree on IE 6/7, FF, KHTML-based
(Safari, etc) and Opera 9+, but it has no effect.

So i tried [2] to support almost FF via Mozilla XBL, and finally it works,
with the extra addiction of an xhtml "xmlns" attribute on the access
element and on the element to be linked (the section with id="text"). The
key assigned is "t".

A void key attribute has (should have) no effect.

IE doesn't handle this kind of workaround, so I made another version of the
page with an XSLT transformation [3].  A similar solution has been handled
by Sjoerd Visscher [4]: the page, served as XHTML 1.0 Strict, works in IE
as expected.


Best regards,
Alessio

[1]  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-html-wg/2006OctDec/0018.html
[2]  http://www.terrafertile.ch/w3/xhtml2.xml.
[3]  http://w3future.com/weblog/gems/xhtml2b.xml.
[4]  http://www.terrafertile.ch/w3/xhtml2ie.xml.




graycol.gif
(image/gif attachment: graycol.gif)

pic17046.gif
(image/gif attachment: pic17046.gif)

ecblank.gif
(image/gif attachment: ecblank.gif)

Received on Wednesday, 30 May 2007 21:01:47 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 23 February 2010 18:12:46 GMT