W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xhtml2@w3.org > May 2007

Access element test pages

From: Alessio Cartocci <acartocci@webaccessibile.org>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 14:42:23 GMT
To: <public-xhtml2@w3.org>, <teven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc:
Message-Id: <200705301642593.SM05540@[83.211.240.129]>
Dear WG,
I've tested an implementation of access element in <head> of a doc, with "targetid" and "key" attributes; it is based on a page previously made by Steven [1] and rendered as XML.
Natively the element is showed in the DOM tree on IE 6/7, FF, KHTML-based (Safari, etc) and Opera 9+, but it has no effect.

So i tried [2] to support almost FF via Mozilla XBL, and finally it works, with the extra addiction of an xhtml "xmlns" attribute on the access element and on the element to be linked (the section with id="text"). The key assigned is "t".

A void key attribute has (should have) no effect.

IE doesn't handle this kind of workaround, so I made another version of the page with an XSLT transformation [3].  A similar solution has been handled by Sjoerd Visscher [4]: the page, served as XHTML 1.0 Strict, works in IE as expected.


Best regards,
Alessio

[1]  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-html-wg/2006OctDec/0018.html
[2]  http://www.terrafertile.ch/w3/xhtml2.xml
[3]  http://w3future.com/weblog/gems/xhtml2b.xml
[4]  http://www.terrafertile.ch/w3/xhtml2ie.xml
       
Received on Wednesday, 30 May 2007 14:42:40 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 23 February 2010 18:12:46 GMT