Re: XHTML namespace

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:29:46 +0200
To: "Jirka Kosek" <jirka@kosek.cz>, public-xhtml2@w3.org

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:20:43 +0200, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:

> Is correct my understanding that you think that HTML5 should use
> different namespace then http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml because it
> slightly changes meaning of few elements?

This was an opinion expressed by some members of the WG. It was not a
formal resolution.

> In the case that both HTML5 and XHTML2 will use the same namespace does
> XHTML2 provides means for adding version label to instance? (E.g. <html
> version="2.0" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">).

Yes, there is a version attribute in XHTML2. I believe the resolution was
to let it give a base version, a profile and a version of that profile if
needed:

	version="2.0"
	version="1.1 print"
	version="1.1 print 1.2"