xml:base in M12N

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 07:52:09 -0500
To: XHTML WG <public-xhtml2@w3.org>

In doing our work with the RDFa folks, we discovered that M12N does not
mention, and therefore does not permit, xml:base anywhere.  If you
attempt to set base on an element using xml:base, the validator will
mark that as invalid.  The question is: should we permit xml:base on
M12N 1.0-based markup languages?  Or should we incorporate it into M12N
1.1?   I can't begin to explore all the issues with this here.  The most
basic one would be that xml:base is likely not supported in quite a few
places where people want to use XHTML 1.1 documents (for example).
Another might be that we would need to explicitly define what happens
with the base element and xml:base collide.