section, h, and architectural purity

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 14:14:11 -0600
To: XHTML WG <public-xhtml2@w3.org>

Since we are now re-focused upon making XHTML 2 be as consistent and
architecturally pure as possible, I would like to propose that we split
the h1-h6 elements OUT of the heading elements section (currently
section 8.5) and move them into the legacy module (or into their own
"Legacy Headings" module).

I am NOT proposing that we remove these from XHTML 2 entirely - just
that we isolate them so people who want to (like smart document authors)
can restrict them from their private markup languages and so that in the
future we could remove them from XHTML 2 if wanted (e.g. XHTML 3 or 2.1
or whatever).