Re: [saag] Liking Linkability

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 13:23:38 -0400
To: public-xg-webid@w3.org
On 10/24/12 11:09 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/#terminology
>

> WebID
>     A URI that refers to an Agent - Person, Robot, Group or other
>     thing that can have Intentions. The WebID should be a URI which
>     when dereferenced returns a representation whose description
>     uniquely identifies the Agent who is the controller of a public
>     key. In our example the WebID refers to Bob
>     <https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/index-respec.html#dfn-bob>.
>     A WebID is usually a URL with a #tag, as the meaning of such a URL
>     is defined in the document refered to by the WebID URL without the
>     #tag .

Where's the entry for WebID Authentication Protocol?

Conflating WebID (a Linked Data URI that denotes an Agent) and the WebID
Authentication Protocol (the protocol that leverages entity
relationships semantics and PKI) will always get us in to trouble.

We shouldn't speak about WebID solely  when the actual topic of
conversation is the WebID Authentication Protocol (WAP) and vice versa.

WAP's been dead long enough for us to grab it if we want :-)

Founder & CEO