Re: WebID-ISSUE-64 (redirects): Redirects [WebID Spec]

From: Baptiste Lafontaine <baptiste33@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 19:33:35 +0200
To: WebID Incubator Group WG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
2011/11/25 WebID Incubator Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>

> WebID-ISSUE-64 (redirects): Redirects [WebID Spec]
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/64
>
> Raised by: Henry Story
> On product: WebID Spec
>
> Peter Williams correctly points out that the spec should have some text and some thought go into what happens or should happen with HTTP redirects, when fetching a profile. Even if it is just to say that one should not follow those.

I've read all this old topic but I face this issue while doing my
node.js implementation.

The current spec [1] says: "Add explanation for URI with redirect."

Should I follow all redirects ? What kinds of redirects makes the URL
of the query changed into the SparQL query ?

Please note that this is not a theoretical question and  I would
prefer a pragmatic answer.

[1] : http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/drafts/ED-webid-20111212/#verifying-the-webids

Thanks
Baptiste