Re: unlinkability

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 08:46:34 -0400
To: public-xg-webid@w3.org
On 10/7/12 4:21 PM, Henry Story wrote:
> Harry's only point is that your profile server might be able to track
> where you go, and even that is only very
> weakly true. And its hardly interesting in most cases anyway, since it
> is your own profile server that may possibly
> be able to know. I think you can find out who is behind this if you
> ask "who would this be problematic for?"
> Certainly not for people with FBoxes.

Yes!

There are two fundamental misconceptions about WebID:

1. You only have one, and its exactly denotes "You" -- thus ignoring the
reality that "You" is inherently nebulous
2. An IdP is yet another SaaS model service -- no concept of "You"
controlling your IdP , just as they struggle to grok PKI without the
centralized CA network.

They really don't understand a Web modulo some kind of "Big Brother" .

Founder & CEO