Re: telconf 07-11-2012 : what is webid

On 11/15/12 11:40 AM, Andrei SAMBRA wrote:

>     Restricting ourselves to http, https URLs does make for a clearer
>     spec, without
>     creating interoperability issues. I can see that ftp and ftps
>     would also work, but
>     we would certainly have a more testable system if we limited
>     ourselves at first.
>
> +1
> We should remember that WebID is a _W3C_ group, not an IETF one.
So you infer that URIs belong to IETF and URLs to the W3C? At the same
time you assume this is architecture with real interoperability in mind.

You are making an important point here, quite profound. I really need to
know if this is the view shared by others.

The most powerful virtue of the Web is its interoperability. That virtue
is inextricably linked to URI abstraction.

Founder & CEO