Re: What is a WebID?

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 14:38:07 -0500
To: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
CC: public-xg-webid@w3.org, "public-rww@w3.org" <public-rww@w3.org>
On 11/4/12 2:27 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

>     You don't. You are trying to convince yourself of something that's
>     an utter fallacy. The definition of WebID being pushed isn't in
>     anyway close to AWWW in spirit or essence. It's utterly alien.
>

> I appreciate these are good points.  Maybe we should have "strong
> webids" and "weak webids", i dont know.  Personally, I dont mind what
> the naming is so long as I can use it to do what I need.  But I can
> see that others may have stronger views. It's up to the WebID CG to
> come to a consensus.
Why?

I don't like politically motivated cognitive dissonance.

The attempt to redefine, name, or re-brand WebID is a classic example of
politically motivated cognitive dissonance.

Just understand, we are at a watershed moment, WebID is going to
continue to build traction or it's going to stall and then die. Of this
I am 100% certain.

As much as I hate to say this, there are no circumstances under which I
(or OpenLink Software) will be associated with the current WebID
defintion. And I don't care how many people signup up to the broken
definition, for the utter long reasons. It will be dead to us, if this
is the way forward.

Founder & CEO