SPDY & WebID

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 11:19:50 +0200
To: WebID XG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>, public-webid <public-webid@w3.org>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi,

  just found this SPDY presentation [1] from a Ruby programmer

     http://speakerdeck.com/u/chris/p/you-aint-spdy-ruby-nation

  I like one of the last slides at the end "SPDY build on SSL" .
SPDY is now in Chrome and it Firefox. I've bumped it up on my
priority list as something to try out.

  In Java/Scala/JRuby/Groovy/Closure/JPhp... land the very efficient
http://netty.io/ server was recently given a SPDY implementation.

   In any case this should be of great interest also to linked data
folks who need more than anyone else speed. And of course as SSL
is built in, man in the middle attacks transforming your data will
no longer be a problem. Plus you get authentication for free as
part of the protocol ( http://webid.info/ ) - we just need to test it!

	Henry

[1] I am not sure where the official documentation  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPDY