Re: two mailing lists - is one too many

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 12:46:33 +0100
To: Henry Story <henry.story@gmail.com>
Cc: WebID XG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>, public-webid@w3.org, Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
On 23 January 2012 21:01, Henry Story <henry.story@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have two public mailing lists for the WebID Community Group.
> The XG mailing list has all those who subscribed to the XG mailing
> list + all the members of the WebID Community Group, while the
> public-webid mailing list only has the WebID members and those who
> joined and subscribed to that. The number of members are
>

> - 90 e-mail accounts for  public-xg-webid@w3.org
> - 26                 for  public-webid@w3.org
>
> I think it would be good to close one of them as otherwise discussions
> will end up be going in parallel in both groups, and so water down the
> conversation.
>
> So the ideal may be to move everyone on public-xg-webid to public-webid.
> But if that cannot be done without asking everybody to resubscribe,
> then I think it may be better to close the public-webid mailing list,
> and stick with the weird XG legacy.

Perhaps the CG mailing list should focus on the nitty gritty of the spec.

And more general discussions inc. WebID return foaf-protocols, and
apps in the readwrite web group.

The reason I suggest this is that there have been some comments about
the volume of mails on this list being a chalenge follow, so splitting
things up could allow a degree of focus.