Re: what are claims mirrors?

There is evidence that the emails will now stop within 24h. So let me try for a good close, again.

I see folks attempting to put semantics on multiple San entries. This differs from having a collection of independent entries, addressing multiple browsers and limits on key/cert store sharing.

The only rationale I've seen for having any semantic beyond collection is captured in the thread that wanted the different values referencing the same entity, but using different descriptors.

In my case, kingsleys crawling of my blogspot website cum rss feed does more than cache my profile - the lead blog post bearing my webid profile. It makes a descriptor (in fact several). It describes more than I state in my profile graph, augmenting the description with relations drawn from relations in the profile documents header (links and metas). This is a consequence of my using rdfa (embedded in XHTML) that enables such to happen.

Thus the graph in linked data land says more than the graph one might reference on my blog post. It's a superset. It's a very useful superset, moreover.

In much the same way that the Openid.delegation relation "linked up" the profile hosted on the page hosting the delegation to the profile maintained by the Idp, I'm wanting webid to have similar semantic when linking up my rdfa blog post (and it's 5line graph) with my graph in a particular "data space" that I have nominated as authoritative - particularly as such concerns the profiles' now driving a security protocol exploiting such semantics: Openid (v2) in its delegation flow (specifically)

I explored claim mirroring. Assuming that multiple San Uris means owl:sameas between each element and also the certificate document that holds these equivalency statements berween entities, I expect to see such mirrored - in the profile documents. I expect to see the owl:sameAs bidirectional relations in the profiles' graphs (and a sameAs statement to the cert uri too, using the data uri scheme). This is the "mirroring".

Finally in the openid trial I mounted, only 1 claim was further mirrored to my relying party site (upon Completion of the openid protocol run). This was the webid uri actually used by the webid validator from those available in the cert I presented. This claim became the basis of a web session. It functioned as the nameidentifier claim functioned from 3 other classes of Idp (Facebook w/connect, live w/oauth2, google w/Openid). Essentially it added openlinksw w/webid to my site (and was almost production ready).

As no one agreed it had any value I eliminated it all, since it appeared to be going nowhere. I never showed it (publicly) landing on a production realty site (rather than a model site).

I found the linked data story aligned with the core webid validation agent story quite compelling. It made the horrendous complexity of the semantic web approach to validating a client cert seem almost worth it. There was real value being identified (beyond a sophistic dialog for post grads).

Now help me close out of this thread (and working group) on a nice even tone. These topics will go forward into the community group, and hopefully flower. The semantic web looks like it has something unique to offer in the world of trust management because it's so hard to pin down precisely what is meant. This seems to be exactly what is required since codification seems to be the root problem when scaling trust. It needs to be semantically amorphous yet formalish, and this project seems to have great potential there - and can thus make a breakthrough denied other attempts that relied on rigor - the very thing that really appears to precludes a breakthru on the specific topic of trust.

Sent from my iPhone