Re: Testing Webid

On 1/14/12 12:06 PM, Jürgen Jakobitsch wrote:
> hi melvin,
>
> thanks for taking the time...
>
> i mis-judged from this doc [1] that the content-type "application/xhtml+xml" is a must for rdfa to be valid.
> but i just found this statement here [2] which i overlooked when last "fixed" the rdfa parser.
>
> a text/html tolerant rdfa parser is now online @ https://webid.turnguard.com:8443/WebIDTestServer/
>
> wkr http://www.turnguard.com/turnguard
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#docconf (at the bottom of the paragraph : "XHTML+RDFa documents SHOULD be labeled with the Internet Media Type "application/xhtml+xml" as defined in [RFC3236]."

Jurgen,

You continue to highlight critical points in this whole after. #2 above
is a gem!

RDFa is mercurial in text/html space, you continue to demonstrate yet
another issue that's being left in an ambiguous state with poor
end-users and plumbers to find out the hard way.

Anyway, I have Microdata and Microformats added to the mix re. WebID.
These two options are going to be natural for the HTML oriented Web
Developer seeking to exploit WebID.

Also note, the spec current says:

1. de-reference URI

2. transform payload to RDF -- so a verifier can download an HTML with
Microdata or Microformats as mechanism for structured data island (the
claims graph inside HTML) and then transform to RDF prior to performing
WebID lookup; this is what we do in our verifier and I encourage you
(and others) to consider doing similar.

Kingsley

Founder&  CEO