Re: Matter of DN and what's possible

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 17:28:05 -0500
To: public-xg-webid@w3.org
On 1/9/12 5:22 PM, Mo McRoberts wrote:
> On 9 Jan 2012, at 22:15, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>> Ah and what if that document contains the description of 10 people?
>> But why would it? How does that question not apply to a # style of HTTP URI?
> Because the behaviour is extremely well-defined with a #-style URI? That's (partly) why they exist…

You are wrong!

>> A # URI carries implicit de-reference and Name/Address disambiguation. Most miss it completely. WebID cannot be about a style of URI. It should just be about URIs.
> WebID itself doesn't care.

If it didn't care why do you make the statement about # URIs. Talk about
URIs, even HTTP URIs, but not a style of HTTP URI. That's totally broken
beyond repair.

> A verifier looks for the subject in the resource it gets back by dereferencing that URI. It matters _not one bit_ to the relying party whether it’s a #-URI or not.

Please make up your mind. You just stated that: ".. Because the
behaviour is extremely well-defined with a #-style URI? That's (partly)
why they exist…" .

So how do we handle other de-referencable URIs that are not so
well-defined, to use your characterization?

> The fact is, however, that the vast majority of people don’t NEED to care if they're following recipes and patterns (and it's been emphasised at length that people will be…)

> M.

Kingsley Idehen
Founder&  CEO