Re: Matter of DN and what's possible

henry, it's slightly different,

i fixed a bug, that my NoRSAPublicKeyFoundException was NOT thrown,
in case of no statements about the claimed webID were found (a white screen was shown)

i'm using HttpURLConnection that sends #s to nowhere :) and i didn't have any problem with hashes ever.

sample :

1. in the cert there is the claim "http://2sea.org/sea.rdf#j" (please notice that this is sea.=> rdf <= and not the famous sea.jsp#j example)
2. look at the source of the above mentioned uri, there is NO statement about "http://2sea.org/sea.rdf#j" but only about "http://2sea.org/sea.rdf".

when validating, we need to retrieve statements about the claim, only in the above example there are none.

so this has nothing to do with sending or not-sending #, but it's simply about the fact there is nothing about the claim in the retrieved document,
in such a case now the NoRSAPublicKeyFoundException is correctly thrown.

to me it's quite clear what kingsley intends (i think at least, please correct me if i'm wrong) :

a distinction between the location of the WebIDClaim and the claim itself. i personally think we're doing it anyway
with the hashes, but it's not that clear, because the location and the claim look very similar.

when you say i'm using the webidClaim http://2sea.org/sea.jsp#j then you ARE saying TWO things : first, where to find
the webIDClaim (@ http://2sea.org/sea.jsp) and second, what subject to look for @ the mentioned location (=http://2sea.org/sea.jsp#j)

and i think he is referring to the possibilities that open up when this is not limited to hash-uris.

wkr j