Re: Matter of DN and what's possible

On 1/8/12 8:31 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> This isn't especially different from the “we have e-mailled you a
>> verification link” automated processes which, having been followed,
>> allow you to be identified by an e-mail address, nor terribly
>> different to Google’s Webmaster Tools site verification or Apps CNAME.
>
> Yes and No. We'll even get to that proof once we cross this initial
> bridge re. Name, Addresses, and Descriptor (of Information) Resources.
Critical typo fix. Meant to say:

Yes and No. We'll even get to that proof once we cross this initial
bridge re. Name, Addresses, and Descriptor (*or Information) Resources.

One of the key manglers of Linked Data comprehension are the terms:

1. Information Resource
2. Non Information Resource.

In real terms, what they are supposed mean are:

1. Descriptor Resource -- the document that describes an unambiguously
identified subject
2. Subject Name -- unambiguous identifier that plays the role of subject
name.

The Descriptor (Information) Resource has an Address i.e., a URL.
The Subject Name can take the form of a generic HTTP URI.

The HTTP URI based name offers a lot of benefits, but it comes at the
following costs:

1. being unintuitive
2. deployment nuances that have lead to the httpRang-14 imbroglio.

If one accepts that Linked Data (in its purest sense re. HTTP URI based
Names in SAN) isn't a realistic ground level requirement for WebID, we
ultimately open the floodgates for WebID comprehension, adoption, and
massive bootstrap.

Now, when it comes to EmailAddresses they are mailto: scheme URIs, they
can be used in descriptor documents too. In short, they provide the most
intuitive way for people to understand the construction and publication
of descriptor documents on the Web leveraging HTML.

This also opens up the door for Microformats too! Yes, they to are
affective vehicle for holding the mirrored claims that underpin the
WebID verification protocol.

We are nearly there, really !!

Founder&  CEO