Re: Matter of DN and what's possible

From: Mo McRoberts <mo.mcroberts@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 22:52:05 +0000
Cc: public-xg-webid@w3.org
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
> What we need to get people to understand somehow is the fact that you can have a URL (a Locator) and a generic URI (Name) in a cert such that publishers can make descriptor resources for cert. subjects -- using URIs as subject names --  and then publish to network resources addresses identified using URLs.  Doing this reduces publisher tedium inevitably introduced by  Linked Data nuances re., de-referencable URI based names.

I asked previously that you post an example cert (don't worry about the key material, obviously) which shows what you mean  i.e., what things you'd put where and how you believe they should be processed.

--
Mo McRoberts - Technical Lead - The Space,
0141 422 6036 (Internal: 01-26036) - PGP key CEBCF03E,