Re: Reminder: Never send fragid with HTTP GET (Was: fixed https://foafssl.org/test/WebId_

On 1/6/12 11:12 AM, Michael Hausenblas wrote:
>> My fundamental approach is to understand the rules, but also be
>> cognizant of rules violation and the context in which they occur.
>> Simply telling folks they broken rules they don't understand or have
>> no control over doesn't help end-users, developers, or plumbers
>> seeking to exploit the WWW.
>

> Agreed. Broken tools should be fixed. Users and developers should be
> educated. This is our mission :)

I really believe HTTP is worthy of a proper W3C branded training course.
Even if the W3C course sources tutors from its membership etc...

REST is only comprehensible as style of client-server computing when
HTTP is properly understood. Trouble is, we are working with a WWW that
(courtesy of marketing driven education) many see as an alternative to
client-server (in general). Thus, we've ended up having the ultimate
client-server middleware (WWW) being perceived as antithetical to the
client-server paradigm :-(

Kingsley

>>> http://linkeddata.deri.ie/
>>> http://sw-app.org/about.html