RE: documenting an incubator success story

BUt, this is a plumbing group (and increasingly, a middleware conformance generating) group. I tend to wait 3-5 years before adopting web technology. Every time we are about to adopt some presentation layer, it turns out its already being abandoned. SO we stick with web forms. We managed to miss XML, using this strategy.
Now, what I need (ahem Microsoft) is an ASP.NET MVC "view engine" that spits out the kind of markup seen on Kingsley's site. Then, I can build semantic apps (becuase the engine decide how to render the HTML). If this or that markup goes out of fashion, Im insultated - by swapping out the view engine. I can fall back to web forms, trivially.  The art is to build apps that are independent of presnetation layer (in both sense: layer 6, and data formats) - but the pipeline then renders it for the desired community. Kingsley wants me to focus on the IBAC scheme, using URI subject/object nomenclators. Before that, I want to exploit equivalence classes, so one has clasiscal lattice-enforced guards on subject/objects in routing tables, giving cloud-tenant specfic partitions of the global URI namespace. And, before that even, I think the first thing to do is actually do something Henry doesnt really want, and thats to generalize webid validation agents beyond https (since its relatively easy). Half the reason my site was down lots today was becuase I was fiddling with certs and https (to address Jurgen's issue of some browsers in retail config showing http/https handoff warnings). What Im trying to now do (having regained some stability, with all the cert centric plumbing) is now use my own keys everywhere, issued by my own CA. For example https://idweb.cloudapp.com/ uses my own SSL server cert, with a SAN name, too. It also features an AIA extension, a URI pointing to a root cert on the web. IF ONE USES WINDOWS IE, linked data chain building will happen, as the windows OS underlying IE goes out and builds the cert chain on the fly, from the URI references in the server cert. This is working. The next task is to replace the SAML signing cert that secure the handoff from Azure cloud STS (hosted in the "asia east") to my (demo) app (in "America general") with my webid-client cert - so it can be used for layer-7 client authn, when signing the SAML tokens. This will allow me to then have a layer 7 usage of the validation agent I wrote, validating saml tokens, relying on the webid infrasructure. Providing its doing https too, I dont thing Henry will shout at me, too much anyways; and in any case there are only a few days left.. What it will do is  force ADOPTION of the profiles (regardless of why a validation event is raised, for resolution using the semweb). What matters is the semweb, not todays handshake protocol. Hope you  can see how we think in the windows world (which contrasts with the open source world). Its all plumbing. Others teams build the apps (since thats a different art). The art I focus on is getting  the platform right, so there can be a million apps.           > Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 00:41:24 +0100