Re: After the WebID XG -- was: Next WebID Teleconf - doodle

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 18:01:27 +0100
To: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Cc: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, "public-xg-webid@w3.org XG" <public-xg-webid@w3.org>, Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
On 5 January 2012 17:45, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
> I asked if we could have an extension as an XG, but I think the answer was that we would be switched to a community group, which apparently is easy to do. But to tell the truth I did not find the answer I received very clear.

Little things like asking people to resubscribe to a new mailing list
can be suprisingly disruptive. If we can keep the old mailing list,
that'd be great.

I just asked about migration details in IRC (#community on W3C IRC server):

17:51 danbri: can XGs migrating to Community Group keep their old mailing list?
17:53 danbri: ...also: what's the situation currently re Community
Group usage of Zakim? I remember we talked about this here
17:57 Ian: hey
17:57 Ian: yes
17:57 Ian: (ml migration)
17:57 Ian: regarding zakim: xgs get to continue to use zakim
17:58 Ian: when they migrate
17:59 danbri: thanks, I'll pass that along

Consequently I'd recommend going with the migration to CG...

cheers,

Dan