Re: WebIDRealm RDFa

On 1/4/12 6:58 PM, Henry Story wrote:
> Well a good way to help people who are new join, is to have test suites they can try out their endpoints out on, to automate the job we are doing. Then things will play themselves out even faster!

Er.. I've done many iterations of that with more complex standards than
WebID.

ODBC, JDBC, OLE-DB, ADO.NET, SQL etc.. all have test suites, tracers etc..

> I am not sure if you follow the BrowserId work, but I can tell you that they are working on their test cases.

We've long implemented BrowserID. Its even part of our HTML based Cert.
Generator.

>> >  I haven't inferred anything about OpenID vs WebID.
>> >
>> >  OpenID is good for WebID, they are mutually beneficial in the real world. Same applies to OAuth.
> yes, but OpenId has even more places things can go wrong. WebId is simpler than OpenId, but not so simple we
> can do without tests.

I am really not trying to trigger a WebID vs OpenID vs anything else re.
my comments.

> But anyway, clearly you don't want to work on a common test suite to help new people join.

See my opening comments. It's been done before, many times over with
standards much more complex than WebID, used by masses of people world
wide.

>   Perhaps WebID would be just too simple then....

No comment :-)

> Henry

Founder&  CEO