RE: Certificate Triplify Challenge

Changing the encoding of the cert format on the wire makes no difference. You can spit it out in long RDF strings if you want. ASN.1 doesnt care whether you use DER, BER, PER, or XML. ISO defined the mappings onto XML, and compilers now spit out bytes - in binary XMl or long XML. One can define a spitter for RDF in any of tis encodings, if one wants. Any undergrad can do this (its just 1980s abstract/concrete type theory). But, Henry is right, that this makes NO difference. Its still an ASN.1 cert, with particular set of type theory formalisms, that REALLY DO NOT WORK well with RDF/EAV (which is very pure). The semantics are abstract, and are not tied to the encoding. The esmantics for the cert AS A TYPE (not a blog) are also very much tied to the art of public key distribution on an internet sclae - whose PRACTICAL  security requires a particular way of relying on naming and addressing, and binding, and asserting, and validating, and (all the other things folks discuss here). The cert is just the lynch pin of that doctrine set (which is why folks discuss it endless, often in rant form). its why it gets the "evil' label (becuase it SO good at actualy doing what folks would LIKE to do, when replacing it). yes its getting old, as its tied to internet 1 (which is getting on in age). In my R&D work, I put triple and sparql expression in the cert in the form of test of encoded into URIs), and avoid the whole SAN URI semantic wars. I thus describe identity the webby way from the outset, using the cert now NOT as above (but as a means to end, so https libs work). Its just a signed text stream, then, retaining some legacy key management controls so actual SSL is not compromised, too badly.  Back in 2007, the topics that looked interesting included: http://yorkporc.wordpress.com/2007/09/30/copy-of-httpdarq-sourceforge-net-federated-queries-with-sparql/ http://yorkporc.wordpress.com/2007/09/23/email-post-on-using-deriving-sparql-queries-from-foaf-knows-relations-to-assure-pubkeys/ But, its takes SO LONG to do anthing, in semweb land, that I hardly remember even knowing what I knew then. Kingsley is reminding me, though.