Re: WebID equivalence

On 1/3/12 7:43 PM, Henry Story wrote:
>> Henry,
>> >
>> >  Of course not!

>> >  Of course not!
>> >
>> >  I am saying, and I was pretty darn clear about this:
>> >  Put Addresses in the DN.
> But that's not what they are for. In any case what practical value does this bring?
>
>> >  Put Names in the SAN. Instead of mandating de-referencable Names. Hence my reference to URN inclusion.
> Well the SAN is defined already in X509. We can but URI's there. That's what we are doing. And it all works fine.

>> >  Digest my comments properly. I couldn't be clearer about what I am suggesting.
> yes, it's clear. And a -1 from me, no practical value.

I didn't ask for anyone's vote. Let alone subjective commentary devoid
of proper understanding of the problem at hand.

Look, there is a degree of myopia creeping into this endeavor that
antithetical to what I find interesting.

You believe in disruptive revolution. I don't. I believe in pragmatic
evolution and broad engagement. I don't see WebID as a vehicle for
disruptive revolution. Clearly you do!

BTW -- putting OpenLink Software aside, how many industry players
actually use WebID in any capacity?

Founder&  CEO