Re: How To Handle WebIDs for (X)HTML based Claim Bearing Resources

From: Mo McRoberts <mo.mcroberts@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 23:15:33 +0000
Cc: public-xg-webid@w3.org
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>

On 3 Jan 2012, at 22:52, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

>> RIGHT, so you do in fact sign the new claim (the owl:sameAs) with the key that you used previously.
>
> Yes.

Thank goodness for that.

>> Which is what I said previously. And a multitude of times subsequently. Each time to be met with a different obfuscated answer.
>>
>> This is like pulling teeth.
>
> Why I prefer live demos re. these kinds of fiddly matters. Peter is exposing issues and contexts that make it a little easier for me. Imagine trying to articulate the power of a SPARQL CONSTRUCT URL (shortened via a URL shortener too)  in the CN of a cert. modulo his experiments, it would be worse that pulling teeth :-)

Live demos are horrible for anybody else looking to implement it, though. It’s great (genuinely) that <insert name of OpenLink service> does <thing> and shows that something can be done, but isn't too useful for other people to try to get to the bottom of *how* and perhaps arrive at some kind of informed consensus…

--
Mo McRoberts - Technical Lead - The Space,
0141 422 6036 (Internal: 01-26036) - PGP key CEBCF03E,